In the heart of Colorado’s Sawatch Range, Knapp Ranch is propelled by a vision to preserve the land, water, and wildlife in a rustic and timeless setting.
Download Printable PDF
Position Title: Woodworker
Reports To: Ranch Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
POSITION SUMMARY:The Woodworker leads all aspects of woodworking projects, repairs, and maintenance. This staff member also assists and supports ranch staff in property maintenance and projects.
The position requires the creation of woodworking proposals, plans, and prototypes for saleable products and the hands-on work or oversight of any and all woodworking, building construction, and carpentry on the ranch; including sawmill operations, lumber inventories, and maintenance of related tools and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make saleable wood products and fulfill special orders from clients with the Knapp quality
- Research and suggest profitable woodworking items
- Complete house projects as directed
- Assist in all projects of the Knapp Ranch organization that pertain to job duties and skill set
- Collaborate as needed with all staff on ongoing projects and tasks such as maintenance, shop organizing and cleaning, inventory
- Keep work area clean and organized
- If needed, assist with snow removal operations
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Duties may grow into other areas of the business as interest and experience are mutually discovered.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Work effectively with a variety of personalities and styles
- Organized time management and scheduling skills are a must
- Adaptable and flexible
- Agreeable to direction
- Security conscious
- Having the character, self-motivation, and strong work ethic needed to maintain consistent high standards
- Possess a positive, responsive, hands-on style and “can-do,” solution-oriented attitude.
- Verbal, auditory, and written capabilities to effectively communicate in an articulate manner
- Clarity of vision at varying distances to perform various work assignments.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a variety of specialized tools and equipment
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally
- Occasional bending, kneeling, or crouching
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling object(s) weighing up to 75 pounds
- Climbing ladders and working from heights as necessary
- Working with tools and powered machinery
WORK ENVIRONMENT, LOCATION, AND HOURS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. West Lake Creek Company has a no smoking policy. The employee will have exposure to the following:
- Indoor/outdoor environment subject to changing conditions and temperatures
- Regular exposures to fumes, dust, odors, heights, and loud noises
- May be exposed to heights and loud noises
- Working on ladders at varying heights
- Approximately 40 hours per week or as needed
- Uniform provided and required.
Please note that your employment with West Lake Creek Company constitutes “at will” employment. As a result, you are free to resign at any time, for any reason or for no reason. Similarly, West Lake Creek Company is free to terminate its employment relationship with you at any time, with or without cause.