In the heart of Colorado’s Sawatch Range, Knapp Ranch is propelled by a vision to preserve the land, water, and wildlife in a rustic and timeless setting.
Download Printable PDF
Position Title: Seasonal Farm Laborer
Reports To: Farm Manager
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Seasonal Farm Laborer must be a trustworthy, reliable, and hardworking individual and be able to participate in daily manual farm labor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in seeding, planting, weeding, tilling, watering, harvesting, and packing plants, produce, and other items
- Wash trays has needed
- Assist with weed and pest control
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must take direction well
- Farming and growing experience including harvesting, weeding, and planting
- Processing and packing experience desired
- Farm equipment operator a plus
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to work safely in all weather conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. West Lake Creek Company has a no smoking policy. The employee will have exposure to the following:
- Frequent exposure to outdoor and unfavorable weather conditions, i.e. Outside weather conditions include rain, snow, and summer heat of 70-85 degrees.
- Exposure to dirt, dust, etc. can be expected.
- Exposure to fumes, odors and hazards associated with farm equipment can be expected.
The Farm at Knapp Ranch is located 20-30 minutes from Edwards up a steep dirt road.
Candidate will be provided with work gloves, and uniform including a sweatshirt and t-shirts. Clean pants and work boots required.
- 40 hours per week of work from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm daily.
- Will require some work on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
- Up to 50 hours per week in June, July, and August from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Overtime is an exception based on business need and must be approved prior to incurring overtime.
Please note that your employment with West Lake Creek Company constitutes “at will” employment. As a result, you are free to resign at any time, for any reason or for no reason. Similarly, West Lake Creek Company is free to terminate its employment relationship with you at any time, with or without cause.
The employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.