In the heart of Colorado’s Sawatch Range, Knapp Ranch is propelled by a vision to preserve the land, water, and wildlife in a rustic and timeless setting.
Download Printable PDF
Position Title: Seasonal Farm Hand
Reports To: Sustainability Manager
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Full/Part Time: Part Time, approx. 3 days/week; 24 hrs/week
POSITION SUMMARY:The Seasonal Farm Hand must be a trustworthy, reliable, and hardworking individual whose primary duties are participating in all aspects of crop production, assisting with CSA organization, deliveries, produce pick-ups and retail sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in retail sales for agricultural business. Includes restocking, packaging, labeling, pricing, running sales transactions, and providing excellent customer service
- Safely drive to successfully pick up and deliver produce
- Participate in seeding, planting, weeding, tilling, watering, harvesting, and packing plants, produce, and other items
- Wash trays has needed
- Assist with weed and pest control
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in providing excellent customer service
- Must be upbeat, outgoing, and positive
- Must take direction well and enjoy working independently
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and an enjoyment for driving required
- Retail sales experience desired
- Farm or agricultural experience a plus
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 pounds
- Must be able to work safely in all weather conditions
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. West Lake Creek Company has a no smoking policy. The employee will have exposure to the following:
- Some exposure to outdoor and unfavorable weather conditions, i.e. Outside weather conditions include rain, snow, and summer heat.
- Exposure to dirt, dust, etc. can be expected.
- Exposure to fumes, odors and hazards associated with farm equipment can be expected.
Candidate will be provided with work gloves, and uniform including a sweatshirt and t-shirts. Clean pants and appropriate footwear required.:
- Approximately 24 hours per week of work.
- Overtime is an exception based on business need and must be approved prior to incurring overtime.
Please note that your employment with West Lake Creek Company constitutes “at will” employment. As a result, you are free to resign at any time, for any reason or for no reason. Similarly, West Lake Creek Company is free to terminate its employment relationship with you at any time, with or without cause.