In the heart of Colorado’s Sawatch Range, Knapp Ranch is propelled by a vision to preserve the land, water, and wildlife in a rustic and timeless setting.
West Lake Creek Company, LLC – Knapp Harvest
Position Title: Retail Associate
Reports To: Retail Manager
Direct Reports: None
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation: Pay starting at $18/hour
This is an invitation to join the Knapp Harvest retail team at our Eagle Ranch location. A part- time position is open to a self -motivated, environmentally conscious, and responsible person. This is your opportunity to learn about produce, organic growing, bees and apitherapy and local products. Help make a difference in the world.
The Retail Associate uses their retail experience and customer service skills to provide a unique and engaging shopping experience for our customers. The organized, trustworthy, and friendly individual will be responsible for educating and engaging customers, ensuring accurate transactions, cleanliness of store, restocking and accepting product shipments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses customer service and employs retail procedures to satisfy sales targets, retail goals and mission of Knapp Harvest retail efforts.
- Keeping accurate inventory, with special attention to fresh products with a high turnover, using First-In First-Out method.
- Participates in daily settlement and reconciliation of sales, answering phone calls, and opening and closing store. Runs register and handles cash accurately.
- Builds customer rapport and creates long term Knapp Ranch customers by discovering customer interests and passions as it relates to our company and educate customers on products, Knapp Ranch history, values, and future as is relevant.
- A passion and a willingness to learn about local vendors and products sold at Knapp Harvest and why we carry them.
- Assists in receiving and processing product shipments.
- Prepares, restocks and displays consumables and merchandise.
- Maintains a standard of cleanliness in the store by following set guidelines, including for Covid.
- Assists with e-commerce.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment. (ensures Covid-19 compliant).
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Efficient multi-tasker and
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Retail experience preferred, including Square familiarity.
- Must be honest, conscientious, and courteous.
- Punctual, reliable, dependable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including having an approachable and friendly manner.
- Have passion for natural, locally-sourced products and a willingness to learn.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT, LOCATION, AND HOURS
- Weekends 9:30 to 4:30
- Some weekday opening 9:30 to TBD.
- Days and hours worked are flexible and subject to change.
- Uniform provided and required.
- This is a non-exempt “at will” position.
Please note that your employment with West Lake Creek Company constitutes “at will” employment. As a result, you are free to resign at any time, for any reason or for no reason. Similarly, West Lake Creek Company is free to terminate its employment relationship with you at any time, with or without cause. The employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.