In the heart of Colorado’s Sawatch Range, Knapp Ranch is propelled by a vision to preserve the land, water, and wildlife in a rustic and timeless setting.
Download Printable PDF
Position Title: Knapp Harvest Store Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Direct Reports: Retail Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Knapp Harvest Store Manager uses their friendly and outgoing personality and track record of sales success to provide excellent customer service and a fun and engaging shopping experience for our customers. The results-driven retail store manager will be responsible for overall store management, sales and profitability goals, and effective management of retail staff. The Manager should strive to build a local following of loyal customers by engaging visitors to learn about them and educate them on Knapp Ranch vision and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning retail staff; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees in daily tasks such as daily settlement and reconciliation of sales, answering phone calls, providing excellent customer service, opening and closing store.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Builds customer rapport and create long term Knapp Ranch customers by discovering customer interests and passions as it relates to our company and educate customers on Knapp Ranch history, values, and future as is relevant
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by sourcing product; approving contracts; maintaining inventories; securing merchandise.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion and sales; studying local trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Develop business strategies to raise our customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability.
- Responsible for creating and managing e-commerce with assistance from marketing consultant.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment. (ensures Covid-19 compliant)
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Collaborates with marketing liaison and marketing consultant to change marketing strategies which optimize sales, profitability, and customer base.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Creates and provides daily and monthly reports as required.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Duties may grow into other areas of the business as interest and experience are mutually discovered.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills showcased in customer, vendor, and employee relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Data analysis and results driven
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Tracking Budget Expenses
- Pricing and Market Knowledge
- Management Proficiency
- Computer savvy. Must be very skilled in Microsoft applications including Word and Excel and Adobe PDFs
- Familiarity with typical office equipment
- Must be honest, conscientious, and courteous
- Perceptive, proactive, accurate, and collaborative
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, or a similar field.
- Minimum of 3 years in marketing and sales.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to move around an office accessing equipment, computers, files
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. West Lake Creek Company has a no smoking policy. The employee will have exposure to the following:
- A typical office environment with controlled temperatures
This position will have a varied schedule based on the needs of the West Lake Creek Company and the needs and availability of the employee.
Please note that your employment with West Lake Creek Company constitutes “at will” employment. As a result, you are free to resign at any time, for any reason or for no reason. Similarly, West Lake Creek Company is free to terminate its employment relationship with you at any time, with or without cause.