In the heart of Colorado’s Sawatch Range, Knapp Ranch is propelled by a vision to preserve the land, water, and wildlife in a rustic and timeless setting.
West Lake Creek Company, LLC, dba The Farm at Knapp Ranch
Position Title: Greenhouse Grower
Reports To: Sustainability Manager
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Starting at $18/hour
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401k, Paid Holidays and more!
Full Time/ 40 hours per week
The greenhouse grower position must be a hardworking individual who works primarily in our Eagle greenhouse. Work will also be conducted as needed at The Farm in Edwards Colorado. Crop production includes growing/harvesting/delivering of micro greens, garden crops, mushroom experimentation and planting floriculture crops for retail sales. This is a full-time year round position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mixing soil, filling trays, seeding microgreen trays
- Planting flower/herb/veggie and building flower baskets flats in Spring for sale
- Watering plants in a greenhouse environment
- Cleaning greenhouse items and organization of greenhouse
- Washing trays and organizing growing plants
- Harvesting product and delivering product as needed
- Harvest mushrooms as needed
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role with the organization and the overall business objectives.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Growing of edible plants, flowers, herbs, veggie starts and plant lifecycles
- Must enjoy working independently
- Knowledge of greenhouse systems a plus
- Proactive communication necessary
- Farming, growing, and agriculture experience and or education required
- Mechanical abilities and heavy equipment operator a plus
- Knowledge of GAP (Good Agriculture Practices) and ability to follow them
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new growing techniques and continuing education is expected
- Certified Pest Applicator License or willingness to become certified required
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Some Excel computer experience a plus
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 pounds
- Must be able to work comfortably in inclement weather conditions
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and do repetitive hand motions
The work environment described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. The employee will have exposure to the following:
- Outdoor unfavorable weather conditions such as rain, snow and summer heat
- Exposure to dust and hot greenhouse/extreme humidity conditions should be expected
- Loud sounds from fans/heaters should be expected
- Some exposure to fumes, odors and hazards associated with farm equipment should be expected
Employees will be provided with work gloves, shirts, and jackets. Clean pants and appropriate footwear required.
- Full time, year-round, 40 hours per week
- Some flexibility with start time and days of week
- Overtime is an exception and always approved before incurring
Please note that your employment with West Lake Creek Company constitutes “at-will” employment. As a result, you are free to resign at any time, for any reason or for no reason. Similarly, West Lake Creek Company is free to terminate its employment relationship with you at any time, with or without cause.
Please submit your application to email@example.com