In the heart of Colorado’s Sawatch Range, Knapp Ranch is propelled by a vision to preserve the land, water, and wildlife in a rustic and timeless setting.
Download Printable PDF
The Administration Manager orchestrates the overall organization and performance of administrative tasks of owner’s entities including West Lake Creek Company (WLCC), Talwood Corporation, BigPicture, the Knapp Foundation, and Knapp Family Office. This requires coordinating with all departments to ensure proper process and paper flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing, reviewing, and improving administrative systems, policies and procedures, and operating communications for WLCC.
- Overall responsibility for administrative management of owner’s business entities and personal affairs including the owner’s ranch, family foundation, and trusts.
- Manage and ensure quarterly sales tax is filed on time and accurately.
- Learn and assist with FileMaker Pro data management system.
- Oversee timely and accurate tax returns. Beach cities will file.
- Manage timely and accurate business registration filings.
- Oversee and maintain both internally and with insurance updated inventories of physical assets including tools, vehicles, equipment, computers. art, household items, jewelry, and collections.
- Manage Risk Management – annual insurance renewals, competitive bid process, analysis, finalizing coverages, managing coverage, contracts, real estate rentals and claims. Event insurance and executed facility use agreements for events at Knapp Ranch.
- For audit purposes, in collaboration with Ranch Manager oversee maintenance history in the office of Certificates of Liability for all outside entities who perform work on the ranch for audit purposes. Match to executed Vendor/Subcontractor Work Orders.
- Oversee contract process and procedure in collaboration with COO and appropriate legal and/or expert counsel. Including annual snowplow client contract renewals, real estate rentals, facility use agreements, trash service, professional engagements, releases and waivers, and more.
- Maintain database of professional services and consultant engagement agreements and executed NDAs. Ensure agreements exist for work with all entities and are compliant with Knapp requested details.
- Keep master personal calendar and master mailing list for owner and master list of ranch staff contact information and safety, security, and emergency phone numbers.
- Organize and store information using computers and filing systems. Manage IT including hardware and software needs, security, and Decypher IT contract and relationship alongside COO.
- When needed, make travel arrangements, confirm reservations, and generate itineraries
- Use QuickBooks accounting software in order to coordinate and collaborate with contracted bookkeepers; oversee, request and coordinate appropriate reports; and create transactions when necessary.
- Work closely with Knapp CPA and bookkeeping to organize coding of every transaction to the correct entity and class; invoicing; accounts payable; and accounts receivable for West Lake Creek Company, Talwood Corp., WLCC, BigPicture, and Knapp Foundation financials.
- Maintain a leadership/management role for all Farm invoicing.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings; receive tickets and perform quality control.
- Receive and deposit checks for WLCC accounts receivable.
- Process check requests as needed.
- Credit card monitoring and management – including coding of transactions, approval, and processing of monthly expense reports.
- Liaise with Beach Cities Accounting on accounting functions.
- Create Labor Report spreadsheets from bimonthly payroll.
- Annually spearhead and project manage the process of budget creation. Collect and combine data provided by management team to create budget for WLCC. Work with Knapp CPA for timely implementation and reporting.
- Create and manage cash projections for Owner’s entities.
- Reconcile petty cash monthly. When petty cash needs to be replenished, create a cash request and submit to owner along with transaction register for owner to review.
Lead and manage all work related to annual Snowplow contracts
- Research and review/update rates and capacity with the Ranch Manager, Director of Administration, and Director of Estate Operations
- Update all past contracts we want to keep with new dates/rates
- Organize advertising including but not limited to door hangers, newspaper, and Craig’s List
- Manage sales leads
- October 1: E-mail clients updated seasonal contracts and follow up with phone calls to confirm/solidify business
- Organize and create accounting spreadsheet, send to Beach Cities Accounting for invoicing set up, follow up to confirm invoicing is set up correctly and matches contracts
- Follow up to receive signed contracts (prior to any snowplowing)
November 1-April 30
- Manage snow plow log tracking and recording
- Receive and deposit payments
- Create and report to the team and Knapps an annual Profit & Loss specific to snow plow operations
- In September
- Interface with banking, insurance, accounting, tax and legal services and counsel.
- Participate in the Actively Green certification and maintenance process.
- Ensure adherence with Knapp Ranch (owner’s) vision.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or related field
- Experience in related field such as administration or accounting
- Excellent computer knowledge including Macintosh and Windows platforms expertise, Word, Excel, QuickBooks, FileMaker Pro, Apple Mail, and Outlook calendaring.
- Excellent time, task, prioritization, and resource management skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience supervising and training administrative staff
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Anticipate needs
- Excellent customer service
- Able to successfully work independently
- Must be honest, conscientious, and courteous
- Have a hands-on, collaborative style
- Fluent in English and have excellent phone etiquette
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to move around an office accessing equipment, computers, files
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. West Lake Creek Company has a no smoking policy. The employee will have exposure to the following:
- A typical office environment with controlled temperatures
- Periodic exposure (when working at the ranch) to outdoor and unfavorable weather conditions, i.e. Outside weather conditions include rain, snow, and summer heat of 70-85 degrees, exposure to dirt, dust and exposure to fumes, odors and hazards associated with farm equipment.
Please note that your employment with West Lake Creek Company constitutes “at will” employment. As a result, you are free to resign at any time, for any reason or for no reason. Similarly, West Lake Creek Company is free to terminate its employment relationship with you at any time, with or without cause.